It is a shame that we were visiting at a time of such high stress and uncertainty and we did not really have the chance to ease into enjoying the city as we would at another time. However, what was even more distressing for me was that we did not have any space in our luggage...and the markets in Thailand are about as close to shopping paradise as it gets for me (I'm no real shoppper, but I love markets like this!).
We also had a fabulous time visiting the Chabbad restaurant in Bangkok, which has been primarily set up to cater for the enormous numbers of Israeli backers in Thailand. The prices are set at local rates and you can chose between local-style cuisine as well as a range of Western or more traditional Jewish types of food.
I also managed to slip in a brief encounter with the local heritage by visiting the Grand Palace. I think the Thais are at the top of my list when it comes to seriously elaborate and luxurious architecture. The amount of gold and the tremendous, tiny detail was almost overwhelming. I took a few pictures in an attempt to capture the moment...






1 comment:
Nice to hear what's been happening. Don't worry about Bangkok. It's not going anywhere so you can visit another time for R&R and lots of empty luggage.
I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Limmud NY. Mitch
Post a Comment